Friday, April 10, 2009

People remember the darndest things.

I learned a very important lesson today, and at work no less. Who knew?

As I was closing my shift up for the day, someone walked into the office and was chatting it up with one of my coworkers, who had a very concerned look on his face when the person said he could do magic. Out of all the looneys that come in here, he's worried about the guy 'who can do magic'. My friend doubts it, but the guy is insistent, so my friend asks him to perform. So, the customer points at me, closes his eyes, and says... "His name is Jay."

Odd, because I'm pretty sure I've never seen this guy. Ever.

Again, he's insistent, so I have to know.

"How do you know my name, have you come by here before?"

"No, but I know you."

Often enough, at this point I'll laugh, say something like "Thanks for watchin'!" and head off in the opposite direction, leaving them to wonder if I'm on tv or something too, but I couldn't in this situation, so I pushed and tried to figure out where he knew me.

"Seriously, how could you possibly know me?"

"Remember? We were in training together at Nu Skin"

...

That was EIGHT friggin' years ago. After that training group I never (repeat: NEVER) saw another member of my training group. The training was a couple of weeks, and I pretty much kept to myself. I thought it was a little more than just plain creepy that he not only remembered me, but my mannerisms in that training class, and some of the answers I provided there.

Seriously, I barely remember working for Nu Skin. It wasn't exactly the happiest time of my life. Honestly, I was pretty curious about who he was, but he seemed really offended that I couldn't remember his name and stormed (that's right, stormed) out of our office. I'm thinking in eight more years he'll find me again and either pull another magic trick, or I'll be the target of some rage induced, gun toting, carnage. In either case, I'm very weirded out.

This just goes to show you, there are people that can remember EVERYTHING. These are people who could excel at school given their natural ability to never forget anything, but no, they choose, instead, to be as creepy as 38 year old dudes who hang out at high school football games to 'relive the dream'.

Be careful how you act infront of random people, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment